Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tara Devi Ashtakam Audio



Goddess Tara Devi is the second Dasha Maha Vidya. Tara Devi is similar in many respects to Maa Kaalika Devi. Tara Devi’s maternal instincts provide the devotee with the right posture with spiritual nourishment. Detailed Wikipedia article is found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_(Devi) . I love Tara Devi Ashtakam.

I present now my vocal rendering of the above ashtakam which is 4 minutes 11 seconds:
(Mobile Devices: Click download; then play.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1znSUtrVlpEcjBRNkU/view?usp=sharing

You can find the Sanskrit lyrics at http://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_devii/tArAstotram.pdf

English lyrics along with English translation of the above shloka can be found at:

http://stotrarathna.blogspot.com/2011/03/tarashtakam.html

Namaste !

6 comments:

  1. Respected Sir,

    I had seen her vigraham in salem Om shrI skandAsramam, yAgashAlA.

    This is the first time I am her stuti.

    Many thanks for sharing tArA stOtram.

    Regards,
    Sendhil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respected Sendhil Iyya: Thank you for the information. It would be great to visit there !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Respected Sir,
      You can call me Sendhil :-). I am much younger to you. You should definitely visit salem Om shrI skandAsramam when you visit India.

      Regards,
      Sendhil

      Delete
    2. Respected Sir,
      You can call me Sendhil :-). I am much younger to you. You should definitely visit salem Om shrI skandAsramam when you visit India.

      Regards,
      Sendhil

      Delete
  3. Can you please kindly tell the benefits you have experienced after reciting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Unknown:

      Tara Devi has blessed me with peace in the heart. That feeling of clean, pure, unqualified love is a blessing in itself. Additionally, miraculously an Indian gentleman I met in the Frankfurt airport took me to a Swamiji in Chennai, who, of all Deities, gave Upadesha of Tara Mantram.

      So She is All Loving !!

      Sorry for a reply after a year and a half -- this is also HER doing !

      Delete