Friday, November 13, 2015

Tripura Bhairavi Sahasranamam Audio




Devi Tripura Bhairavi is the fifth Dasha Mahavidya and is considered to be a form of Kalika Devi. Wikipedia article can be found at :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhairavi .
In the Kavacham portion of Durga Sapthashathi, there is a shloka that says “Bhaaaryaam Rakshathu Bhairavi”, which means “O Bhairavi Devi, please protect my wife.” So, if you are a man you can pray to Bhairavi Devi for the protection and well-being of your wife.

The Tripura Bhairavi Sahasranamam is a thousand name hymn in praise of Goddess Bhairavi and is really beautiful. I must give credit to Kishore, my brother-in-law for providing me this stotram. It gives me joy to listen to it and hopefully you will enjoy it too!

And now the audio: 18 minutes and 13 seconds long.

( Mobile devices: click download; then play.)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1znZmtxd3l1Vl9YaXM/view?usp=sharing

I have made a pdf copy of the shloka in Sanskrit and it can be found below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1znWjhHa3pjRTAya3c/view?usp=sharing

Om Shree Tripura Bhairavi Devi Namo Namaha !

 

5 comments:

  1. Is the goddess Tripura Bhairavi the same as Chandika devi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mohan Sir: Tripura Bhairavi Devi is technically not the same as Chandika Devi. The latter is the combination of Maha Kali, Maha Saraswati and Maha Lakshmi. Tripura Bhairavi Devi on the other hand is a Dasa Mahavidya that is the shakthi of Lord Bhairava.

      However, These Energies are somewhat interchangeable; Energy is One; but we worship various aspects of the SAME for various pusuits.

      You are asking a very deep question and the answer cannot be put in a short reply, I feel: doing my best here.

      For example, when you get 11 KV of electric power from the grid, it gets stepped down by various transformers and finally you can charge your cell phone from the wall.

      The energy coming to the phone is very little, YET it IS from the 11 KV.

      As I proceed in my spiritual journey, this concept of Oneness has been the greatest gift to my own understanding. I am NO saint; I am a Nobody; I am walking alongside all humanity; I don't claim to be an expert in anything. Hence whatever I say is not to be taken as authoritative.

      There is only one authority -- and that is the Divine -- and that is also You, Sir !

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for this recitation!

    May I please include these links below for those who might find them useful

    https://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_devii/tripurabhairavIsahasranAmastotra.html

    https://sthothramala.blogspot.com/search/label/Sri%20Thripura%20Bhairavi%20Sahasranama%20Sthothram%20%E2%80%93%20Sri%20Vishvasara%20Thanthram

    ReplyDelete