Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dhoomavati Shathanama Stotram Audio


 
Devi Dhoomavati is the seventh Dasha Mahavidya and is misunderstood by many people just like Devi Chinnamasta is. Wikipedia article can be found at :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhumavati 

The first syllable Dhoom to be pronounced as in “zoom” and the last syllable as in "theme". This is important since the seed syllables form part of the invoking procedure. Here is a short minute long video clip taken from the Dhoomavati Homam performed by me along with my son on our back deck in mid 2015.

 
Devi Dhoomavati teaches one to look beyond the obvious and into the esoteric. She bestows boons to Her devotees and is a phenomenal Goddess of wisdom.
The Dhoomavati Shatanama Stotram is a hundred name hymn in praise of Goddess Dhoomavati and is really beautiful. I must give credit to Kishore, my brother-in-law for providing me this stotram. It gives me joy to listen to it and hopefully you will enjoy it too!

And now the audio: 3 minutes long.
( Mobile devices: click download; then play.)

I have made a pdf copy of the shloka in Sanskrit and it can be found below:

Om Shree Dhoomavathi Devi Namo Namaha !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment