Friday, October 30, 2015

About me

My name is Raghavan and since I live in Connecticut, USA, I made the site name CTRaghavan – just like Delhi Ganesh or Malaysia Vasudevan – ( no endorsements here !). I am a grhasta as opposed to a Sanyaasi and hence I have the same responsibilities, burdens, pleasures, good times and rough roads that all grhastas have. I am blessed with a wife and two children; the Supreme has blessed me with a way to earn a good living and I am grateful to all the great people I have met in my life so far that have taught me about life.

My spiritual journey took on great importance in 2013 and hence I decided to write this simple blog. I love humor ( add “u” if you follow Queen’s English ), street philosophy and music. I am now in my mid-fifties – funny how time flies without wings – feels like yesterday I was playing in the streets of Mumbai. I am a Tamil Vadagalai Iyengar by birth and grew up in Mumbai and Rajkot ( Gujarat ) and did college in Trichy and Cincinnati and life has brought me to Connecticut. Love this place, love this earth – Bhooma Devi Namo Namaha.

I hope you like my recitals, articles and presentations. Thank you for taking the time to be here !