Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bagalamukhi Sahasranamam Audio



Bagalamukhi Devi is the eighth Dasha Mahavidya and is a very powerful deity. I had the blessing of meeting Swami Divya Chetananandji Maharaj at the beautiful Para Shakthi temple in Michigan, during the Rajagopuram Kumbhabhishekam celebrations in 2015. This temple has been built by the Great Dr. G. Krishna Kumar, Whom I consider as a form of Para Shakthi Devi Herself ! Swami Divya Chetananandji Maharaj is an ardent bhaktha of Devi Bagalamukhi and I was able to speak to Him for about fifteen minutes. Initially of course, I asked Him if I could get mantra deeksha of Bagalamukhi moola mantra. He did not give me that; but told me that even to get a darshan of a Siddha Purusha and Santh, one has to have Divine grace and hence I should be happy.
He told me I should be positive and be happy that if I did not have the grace of Devi, I could not be reciting their Sahasranamams or performing their homams. I reflected and meditated on what the Guruji had said and two days later I called up and said in Hindi: “Guruji, thank you for your advice. Now I am Poorna ( full ); and I have no need for anything; I am happy and contented; thank you for raising my awareness.”

The Bagalamukhi Sahasranama Stotram is a thousand name hymn in praise of Goddess Bagalamukhi and is really beautiful. I must give credit to Kishore, my brother-in-law for providing me this stotram. It gives me joy to listen to it and hopefully you will enjoy it too!

And now the audio: 35 minutes long.
( Mobile devices: click download; then play.)

NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS A VERY LARGE FILE ABOUT 32 MEGABYTES, YOU MAY HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AND THEN LISTEN. On mobile devices and some computers, you may get the message -- This file is too large for Google to scan, download anyway? -- answer "YES" and then listen after download. On some computers, when you hit the play button, if nothing seems to happen, click the Download arrow at the top, click download anyway and then listen. Sorry for the inconvenience -- but this is a big file and praise to Sri Bagalamukhi Devi -- Her Grace is magnificent !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1zndjBkVzYyMk9XWEE/view?usp=sharing
I have made a pdf copy of the shloka in Sanskrit and it can be found below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1znNUw1YjNhMUw0cmc/view?usp=sharing

Om Shree Bagalamukhi Devi Namo Namaha !

 

2 comments:

  1. i have a humble request to make, could you please translate the introductory verses and the phalashruti, which elucidates -the dos and donts and the mahatmaya of chanting the sahsrnama . its so much easier myself to motivate myself to chant it had i known the meaning. I don't have the knowledge of sanskrit, and i can'st stop myself from doing these sahsrnamas as god himself has suggested me to do so( recieving guidance in sleep/jagrut/swapna state ) . i could do these with more fervour had i known the meaning. please help.
    thanks
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day sir,

    I have just discovered your website and I am astonished by the multitude of rare stotra that are available, especially for mahavidya and other obscure deities. May i ask you a favor, could you possibly post an English transliteration of this text? It is very difficult to find this (as well as other Mahavidya texts) in English. I do have the excellent Bagala Tattva Prakasika by Sri Giriratna Misra, unfortunately due to a few publishing errors the English transliteration of this text has several blatant errors and also in some places does not correspond to the audio found online.

    Thank you very much for all that you do, it is very amazing to me to see audio of such rare texts assembled like this. Jai Mata Di!

    ReplyDelete