Friday, September 18, 2015

Matangi Sahasranamam Audio


Devi Matangi is the ninth Dasha Maha Vidya. Dasha Mahavidyas as you may know are the ten Great Wisdom Goddesses. Devi Matangi is the tantric form of Goddess Saraswati. There are several forms of Devi Matangi; the most beautiful form is that of Raja Matangi with a veena as depicted above. Matangi Devi is in charge of the arts, education and knowledge. Education and knowledge are not limited to children; we as adults need knowledge also and that is Brahma Vidya which is Divine Knowledge; Matangi Devi can help us attain that. Detailed Wikipedia article is found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matangi .

The Matangi Sahasranamam Stotram comprises one thousand names and is a rare Sanskrit Shloka. I must give credit to Kishore, my brother-in-law for providing me this stotram. This is a phenomenal hymn of praise and can be used in homams with the addition of “Svaha” at the end of every couplet.  There is a pronunciation errors I just discovered – in verse 112, around 17 minutes, I have said "Shavaa Sha"; it should be "Shava Cha" – please forgive.

And now the audio: about 22 minutes long.


I have made a pdf copy of the shloka in Sanskrit and it can be found below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yrewH-M1znbjVZSWI1MFZjSXM/view?usp=sharing

Om Shree Devi Matangi Namo Namaha !

 

3 comments:

  1. Namaskrams,
    Do you have an English transliteration of Sri Matangi Sahasranama? Thanks
    Bala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir could you please let me know your mail ID.. I have a query

    ReplyDelete