Friday, July 24, 2015

Dasha Mahavidya Homam Part 2


As mentioned in the previous post, I was elated to receive the Sahasranamams and Shatha Nama Stotrams of the Dasha Mahavidyas from my brother-in-law. Needless to say, I quickly went through them and they were absolutely beautiful. But I knew that to perform the Homam with the Sahasranamams, I would not be able to do all ten in one sitting, since each one would take about an hour and twenty minutes or so.

In about six weeks or so, I embarked on a mission to perform the Dasha Mahavidya Homam using Sahasranamams one after the other every day until completed. I was very nervous. On July 7, 2015 which was a Tuesday, the first was for Kalika Devi; the next day was for Tara Devi; on Thursday, it was for Shodashi Devi. I started feeling weak and had a massive tooth ache with swelling. I could not be going to the dentist and all that because I did not want obstacles in my Homam schedule. Work was difficult also. All I did was rinse the mouth with some Listerine anti-septic mouthwash. On Friday, after work homam was for Devi Bhuvaneshwari. And I prayed to Devi Bhuvaneshwari that my tooth pain be gone, so I can complete the undertaking nicely with full concentration and enjoy the journey. Believe it or not, Saturday morning, there was no pain of any kind. My wife and children had to go to Seattle to visit grandpa. Those tickets were bought long time ago. Went to work, finished up, came back and performed Chinnamasta Devi and Bhairavi Devi Homam in one sitting. Then on Sunday, completed Dhoomavati and Bagalamukhi Homam in one sitting in the morning; went to work; came back and completed Matangi Devi and Kamala Devi Homam in the evening, thereby completing Homams for ALL the Dasha Mahavidya Devis without a break.

I thanked the Almighty for helping me complete this undertaking and giving me tremendous happiness performing the same. Within a week of completion, I received as a gift, a book from my brother-in-law that details all the tantric procedures for the worship of each of the Dasha Mahavidya Devis in Sanskrit. I was in cloud nine again, once again confirming that the Divine hears every word of praise that we sincerely offer. And as average human beings, we seem to ration out the praise; how much more ignorant can we be?

I have just started reading it and have enjoyed what I have read so far.  It must be mentioned as before that I, as a human being, do NOT take credit for this performance. The Yagna Itself (IS) Are the Devis, the conductors are the Devis – I was and still am simply an instrument at Their beautiful hands. Thank you for reading … The very fact that you are reading this post is because of Divine Will – They invited you here, otherwise you will not see this post..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment